Today I decided to create some simple assets for our heritage project which we can implement into the scene.
Here I made a crate with hay inside which could possibly be used in game play for finding clue, with the player lifting off the lid perhaps.
Here is another but with lid.
For the cloth modifier to work, I had to create a temporary plane above the crate with many polys in order for the modified cloth plane to register properly. After the simulation was complete I deleted the temporary plane.
Here is a render of the cloth covered crate.
I also used the wave modifier and auto key frame in order to create the illusion of wind.
I have also started to model this planked crate which needs texturing.
Textures are from http://www.textures.com/