Today I have been trying to to texture my building for “The street” project. I have not been experimenting to much with textures this semester. I have gotten use to using the materials on 3ds max and over relied on these in order to produce the look I want, but of course these are very limited.
So for the building I have decided to go out and get some textures to use for it, but I still need to get more. I started with a pot which is located on top of the building in order to start small, so I can get used to uv unwrapping.
I followed a technique on Youtube which showed me to texture like this –
You then go into Photoshop with the template and put the texture into the shapes, but when it is textured you can see the seams…
So I started again using the stitching method in uv wrapping in order to make the texture look seamless bending around the curves to create this look –
Still unwrapping and stitching is a technique I find difficult and is something I need to work on, the building, which is the most complicated, has proven difficult but I tried nevertheless… I ended up with some going okay but some ending up like this –
The texture has warped and stretch creating this look meaning that somewhere along the line the stitching has failed, It is clear to me that this technique will require me a lot more practice to become competent with it.
The building as of now looks like this –
Details still need to be added, such as the door, I also need to add glass, get a texture for the roof and go back and re-unwrap the building and try it again .